Fam pic 2012

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More Snow!

Yesterday was an exciting day. Our driveway was clear and dry for the first time since Christmas. This morning we woke up to a fresh coat of snow. It is beautiful and peaceful, but I am so ready for spring! Aaron spent a good half hour shoveling our super long driveway and by the time he finished it looked the same as before he started.  All this cold weather makes me want to sew. I am getting that itch again to make a new quilt or maybe a few pillows for the living room. I have had 4 charm packs of vintage modern sitting in my sewing cabinet for months. I think its time to use it.
On another note, Eloise is growing up so fast. I think that 4 year break from babies had me forgetting just how fast they change. In just the past week, she can get on her hands and knees (crawling position) and rock back and forth. She learned the delicate use of her pointer finger and thumb to pick up cheerios and can get her fingers to actually release the food once its in her mouth (That's important). She lets you know when she wants the food you are eating and can your attention by yelling and waving her arms frantically. I sure am enjoying that girl. I always say I am in love with her, and I really am.
We had a nice short week last week. It was needed. It always is. Aaron and I took turns taking the kids on dates. The kids could hardly stand waiting for their turn. I always see a change in the kids when they have that personal time with us. Aaron took Mackay to the Provo Beach Resort to try the ropes. Perfect date for them both. I was glad that Noelle picked a less adventurous date. With a little persuasion of course! We went and had lunch at in and out burger and picked out a project to do together at wood connection. It is always fun spending time with my girl. Maxwell and I went and got donuts and we also went to wood connection.  He picked out a wood sword to paint and an "M" for his wall. Aaron took Alexander to the wood connection and to get donuts as well. Once he saw what Maxwell got, he was super excited and wanted the same date. They took a detour on the way home to look at puppies at the pet store. It is the simple things in life right? Aaron took Friday off and he went skiing with his dad. I don't think he has been in at least 13 years, so this was much needed and definitely well deserved! I think I am the luckiest girl in the world to have that man! He works so hard and does so much for me and the kids. I am glad he got to go do something he loves.
Oh, I can't forget to mention all the organizing we have been doing around here. I LOVE an organized home! From cleaning out the files to going through kids clothes. It is happening at our house! I will post a picture of the new craft cart for the kids. I am loving it, and I the kids too.
We had a great week, and now I am looking forward to February. One month closer to spring, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment